Anyway, my this is my take on Samosas and I am so pleased that everyone who has tried them has said that they are better than store bought ones!
I used frozen paratha pastry rather than puff or filo pastry.
400 gms Potatoes - boiled and roughly mashed
400 gms Sweet potatoes - boiled and roughly mashed
1/2 inch ginger - grated or finely chopped
1 Onion - chopped
100 gms Green peas
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1/2 tsp cumin seed
madras curry powder
amchoor (mango) powder
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in fry pan till hot and drop in mustard and cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds till the seeds start popping. Add the grated/chopped ginger and fry for a few more seconds then add the chopped onions.
2. Fry till the onions turn translucent then add the both potatoes. Add the green peas, curry powder, chilli powder, amchoor powder and mix well.
3. Add salt and taste. Fry for a few more mins till mixture is well mixed and then leave to cool.
4. Once cooled, take the frozen paratha wrappers out from freezer and leave out for about 5 mins and they will then soften a little. Too much/too soft and they will be difficult to manage.
2. Cut the wrapper in half as shown in picture below and place filling on it.
3. Fold the wrapper in half (picture below) and then close.
4. Place on baking tray and bake at 180 till golden brown. It is not necessary to egg wash them