World Foods Challeng #4 - Nasi Goreng
Nasi Goreng or fried rice is a popular rice item in Indonesia and Malaysia. In the restaurants in Singapore, it is normally served with 2 or 3 sticks of satay, a fried egg and some prawn crackers!
I was so tempted to make some satay to go with the rice, but time was not on my side and then I remembered that I had some ayam percik marinating in the freezer. So here is my version of Nasi Goreng.
Indonesian Fried Rice 'Nasi Goreng'
4 tablespoons WORLDFOODS INDONESIAN NASI GORENG PASTE
3 tablespoons cooking oil
200g (7.1oz) boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
100g (3.5oz) raw prawns, shelled and deveined
300g (10.7oz) cooked rice, cooked as per pack instructions (preferably pre-cooked and left to cool; ideally the day before)
1. Make an omelette with 2 eggs. Cool and shred it thinly.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok or frying pan and add 4 tablespoons of WORLDFOODS INDONESIAN NASI GORENG PASTE and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
3. Add in chicken and prawns and fry for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Stir in rice and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
5. Garnish with shredded omelette