Saturday 28 May 2011

World Foods Challenge #4 - Nasi Goreng

World Foods Challeng #4 - Nasi Goreng

Nasi Goreng or fried rice is a popular rice item in Indonesia and Malaysia. In the restaurants in Singapore, it is normally served with 2 or 3 sticks of satay, a fried egg and some prawn crackers!

I was so tempted to make some satay to go with the rice, but time was not on my side and then I remembered that I had some ayam percik marinating in the freezer. So here is my version of Nasi Goreng.

Indonesian Fried Rice 'Nasi Goreng'



Ingredients
4 tablespoons WORLDFOODS INDONESIAN NASI GORENG PASTE
2 eggs
3 tablespoons cooking oil
200g (7.1oz) boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
100g (3.5oz) raw prawns, shelled and deveined
300g (10.7oz) cooked rice, cooked as per pack instructions (preferably pre-cooked and left to cool; ideally the day before)

Cooking Instructions

1. Make an omelette with 2 eggs. Cool and shred it thinly.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok or frying pan and add 4 tablespoons of WORLDFOODS INDONESIAN NASI GORENG PASTE and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
3. Add in chicken and prawns and fry for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Stir in rice and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
5. Garnish with shredded omelette

Serves 2-4

4 comments:

MamaFaMi said...

Hai Tina sayang...

Sedapnya your nasi goreng. Kalau serve me, must go with sirap bandung soda okay... hahaha...

Lee said...

Hi Tina, I never did appreciate nasi goreng till I got married....my wife makes it once awhile.
But my personal likes will be with sprinkling of udang kering, dried onions....and one egg like what you have in your picture, nothing else.

Yours looks good.
Holy Smoke! You make ayam percik? First time learn a Chinese lady making this. Good for you.
When you make tthis ayam or ikan percik, send me telegram....ha ha.
Have a nice day.
Lee.

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks tasty!

Happy blogoversary :)

Edith said...

Wow full of liao leh. Nothing beats home cooked.

Pages