This cupcake has been on blogsphere for ages and I only made them sometime in summer. Although the actual recipe calls for adding custard cream filling, I decided to add lemon curd instead and that worked so well.
I think this recipe is from Nasi Lemak Lover. Made this ages ago, so don't really remember where I copied it from.
50g egg yolks (3 eggs)
1/8 tsp of salt
20g corn oil
25g self-raising flour
105g egg whites (3 eggs)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
45g castor sugar
Custard cream filling:
30g non-dairy whipped fresh cream
1tsp custard powder
*just mix these together
1. Whisk egg yolk with salt. Add in oil and milk and mix well.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture.
3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy and then add in sugar and beat till soft peak.
4. Fold in half of the egg whites into the mixture and mix well. Then add in the other half and mix them evenly.
5. Fill the mixture into the cups
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160c for 20mins. Leave cool.
7. Make a small hole at the middle, pump the custard cream into the chiffon. (I used a piping bag with a nozzle and piped the lemon curd into the cupcake)
8. You can either chill before serving or have it straight after filling in the cream.