Fried Fish in Tamarind Sauce
White firm fish fillets - I used tilapia
1 tbsp tamarind mixed with a little water to get a thick paste or cheat's way is to use ready made tamarind paste which they sell here in UK
2 tbsp sugar
1 onion - chopped
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
3 sprigs coriander
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 red chilies - chopped
1. Coat fish fillet in plain flour or corn flour.
2. Heat oil in pan and fry fillets. Fry till brown on one side and flip over and cook other side.
3. Remove to a plate
4. Remove the oil from the sauce pan and add chopped ingredients.
5. Add tamarind paste or water if using, fish sauce, sugar and a little water. Mix well and let it boil.
6. Add more water if the mixture gets too thick. Cook for about 5 mins and spoon over fried fish and garnish with coriander leaves.