Duck with plum sauce
A very easy peasy dinner to prepare!
2 duck breasts
2 tbsp plum sauce
1. Preheat oven to 220 deg C.
2. Make diagonal slashes on duck skin so that it renders the fat quicker and also to get a cripsy skin. Salt the skin.
3. Heat a frying pan. No need to add oil as the duck will render its own fat.
4. When pan is hot, sear the duck skin side down and cook for about 3 mins until skin looks brown and crispy. Turn duck onto other side and cook for another 3 mins or so.
5. If you are using an oven proof frying pan, then you can put the whole thing into the oven. If not, remove from fry pan and place onto a baking tray.
6. Cook with skin side down for about 8 mins for pink meat, but if you down like it too pink, cook for another 2 mins.
7. When time is up, remove from oven and fry skin side again for about 1 min to get it cripsy. Remove and let it rest for a min or two while you prepare the sauce.
8. Using the fat rendered from the duck, add the 2 tbsp of plum sauce into the oil and stir till well mixed.
9. Cut the duck into slices and pour sauce.