Pandan Chiffon Cake
On a facebook group that I am with, there has been a flurry of Pandan chiffon cake making and I too joined in the fun. I have not made a Pandan cake in ages and I did not want to use the recipe that the ladies have been using as it was using 7 eggs. So got this recipe from Leelee's blog.. Thank you Leelee.
This cake turned out wonderful soft and fluffy!
75 gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
75 ml coconut cream/milk
4 egg yolks
5 egg white
100 castor sugar
1.5 tbsp corn oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp pandan paste **
1. Cream egg yolks, 70 gm of sugar until it is creamy and thick.
2. Add in sifted flour and baking powder, vanilla essence, coconut cream/milk, corn oil, pandan paste into the egg yolk mixture. Use machine to mix it well.
3. In a clean dry bowl, beat eggwhite, remainder 30 gm of sugar, cream of tartar and a pinch of salt until stiff.
4. Mix the eggwhite into the flour mixture and mix it thoroughly using a spatula. Pour into the chiffon pan and bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 45 mins. (My oven doesn't have 175C so I baked it at 170C.)
5. When cake is baked, invert it immediately to cool down for about 10 mins. After 10 mins, use a sharp knife to loosen the side and then the bottom to release the cake. Leave it on a wire rack to cool down further.