Saturday 1 August 2009

Birthday cake and cuppies

Birthday Cake and Cuppies

When I gave my TA her chwee kueh, she told me her daughter was going to celebrate her 18th birthday soon and they were going to have a little party. So I offered to make a cake for her.

The request for her cake was a little unusual as she wanted the front cover of her book which was published when she was 6. She had won a competition organised by Reader's Digest. Cool! This is the front cover of her book.

Photobucket

And this is the cake that I made. It is a little different as on the inside page, it does show the shadows of the animals as shown in the cake.
Photobucket

Photobucket

These were the cuppies to go with the cake. I have to add that Liana made all the flowers/designs for the cuppies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW, that cake is beautiful and the cupcakes are spectacular. Also, that Japanese egg roll below looks so yummy! Forget Sushi and fried rice, I'd wrap up a ton of shredded hoisin chicken in it! :)

tina said...

hehe, thanks!

Pages