Wednesday 29 April 2009

Ikan Chuan Chuan

The fish dish is a peranakan dish called Ikan chuan chuan. But I don't think I've seen it in restaurants before. Must be a home dish. Anyway, my mum used pomfret and fries it till crispy then adds the sauce over. Trying to be healthy, so instead of frying and because the pomfrets here are frozen and secondly, my darling hubby doesn't like fish with bones... haha ... I digress.. but anyway to continue... I steam the fish with the sauce instead.



Ingredients:
Pomfret or fish fillets
2 tsp tau cheo (Preserved salted soy beans)
2 slices ginger - julienned

Method:
1. Steam fish.
2. Heat a little oil in a fry pan. When hot, add sliced ginger and tau cheo. Add a little water and simmer for 2 mins.
3. When it sauce is ready, pour over the fish.

Fried bean curd puff with mixed mushrooms

No comments:

Pages