Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
This is the other cheesecake that I baked for Katrina and she loved it.
Cotton soft Japanese cheesecake
140g fine granulated sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
250g cream cheese
100ml fresh milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
60g cake flour
20g corn flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
2. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
3. Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and fold well. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper). Wrap the base of your cake tin with aluminium foil if you are using a springform tin, to prevent seepage.
4. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degree celsius.
5. Remove tin from waterbath and leave to cool in oven with door ajar for about 1 hour.