Sunday 19 September 2010

Dinner request

Baby sitting and Dinner Request

As we wanted to give the new parents some time off to themselves, we offered to babysit James. They visit quite often on Sundays but this is the first time after 20+ years that I will be looking after a baby for the whole night. I was so worried and had so many what ifs.... but little Mr. was a darling.

His parents dropped him off around 7+ so that's when I fed him, then around 10 gave him his bath -ooo... he loves his bath time, he is ever so quite then, just enjoying the warmth of the water! So anyway, after his bath, gave him his last feed and he only woke up at 4 for his next. Dropped off again straight after that and did not wake up till 8. Hope he will be like this next time we baby sit!




So anyway after his parents picked him up in the morning, I went supermarket shopping as I had invited some friends over for dinner. I offered to make nasi lemak but he was craving chicken rice. He is leaving for Singapore on Wednesday for a holiday and yet he wanted chicken rice. Told him if my chicken rice was not good enough then do not blame me! hehe.

So menu for the night was boiled chicken, har cheong kai (this is more for Pat as he does not like plain chicken), siu yoke and oyster sauced chye sim. Dessert was pavlova and special request of kueh kosui - no pics as you can find them in the archives!

Sorry pictures look terrible as I only remembered to take them halfway during the meal!







4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Tina, he sure one good looking kid, and no problems too.
Wow! I love your siew yoke, my weakness that!
My wife has to stop me from having that too often....as she will eat too, and not good for her figure, ha ha.
Your cooking certainly very high Nyonya standards, ha ha.
Have a beautiful weekend, Lee.

tina said...

Hi Lee, yes he is very cute baby! I love siew yoke too, hehe!
alamak thanks for the compliments la and you have a great week ahead!

terri@adailyobsession said...

i don't mind baby sitting grandkids either:)) what a cutie yours is!

Lee said...

Hi Tina, just dropped by say hello. Lee.

Pages