Thursday 25 December 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!



Christmas presents received today. Leather jacket, oil/vinegar drizzler, chocolate cake book, 2 bots of perfume, evening bag and panettone.


My most expensive present - but will only get this in March, will be going for a 5 full day cake decorating course, hence the voucher that Pat made.


Sorry for this belated post. Well it is still Christmas day here, but I have been cooking since 0800 this morning to get lunch ready by 1430 and I did... my timing was perfect.

The following pictures are what I cooked today.

Turkey with chestnut and cranberry stuffing before going into oven


Breadsauce


Cranberry sauce, pigs in blanket and gravy


Roast potatoes, parsnips and brussel sprouts


Lovely golden brown turkey after 4 hours roasting



This was how my plated looked after being plated up,... unfortunately was too tired to eat.


Made my cake 3 weeks ago to let it mature and fed with brandy


Cake which I covered and dd decorated yesterday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry (belated) Christmas, Tina! Your tree and presents are wonderful!

We did not managed to get anything for each other this year, too tired to think what to get but have IOUs instead.

Baby Jamie on the other hand had lots of presents from other people! :D

Happy New Uear for 2009! *hugs*

tina said...

Thanks Ju. Presents were for 6 of us. We give 1 main and many small ones, hence so mny, haha.

A Happy and Prosperous 2009 to you.
*hugs* back to you!

SIG said...

Wow, I was just thinking, only 3 of you but so many presents!! Haha. That cake is so lovely. I totally get you when you say too tired to eat. I am too if I cook that much.

tina said...

Deb, no la, presents for 6 of us la. haha. Thanks, first time I have covered a cake with fondant. Am so excited about going for my 5 day cake decorating course in March.

Pages