I love tapioca cooked any way, so today decided to take a packet out from the freezer and bake it.
Kuih Bingkar Ubi Kayu (Baked Tapioca)
This recipe is from Leelee's blog but I have modified it.
Baked Tapioca cake
500gm grated tapioca
30 gm castor sugar
100 gm gula melaka (palm sugar)
30 gm melted butter
2 eggs slightly beaten
200 ml of thick coconut milk
100 ml of thin coconut milk
1. Lightly butter sides and bottom of a 9 x 9 baking tray. I used a pyrex container.
2. Dissolve gula melaka and castor sugar with 100 ml of thin coconut milk. Sift and set aside.
3. Mix all other ingredients into a mixing bowl. Pour the sifted sugar mixture in and mix well.
4. Cook in microwave oven for 10 mins at a time till mixture thickens. Pour it into the prepared tin.
4. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 190C for about 30 mins until the top is brown.