Fried tapioca kueh
Had a craving for the pasir malam type fried tapioca kueh
250 gm grated Tapioca
150 gm sugar
60 gm plain flour
125 gm grated coconut (without skin)
5 gm pandan juice
green colouring paste/liquid
3 tbsp water
1. Mix grated tapioca with sugar together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add pandan juice an a drop of green colouring.
3. Sieve flour into the bowl with the grated tapioca and stir. Add in the grated coconut and mix well.
4. If the mixture looks wet, no need to add water but if the mixture looks dry, add a tbsp of water at a time to get a dropping consistency.
5. Heat oil in a pan and when hot,drop a tablespoon of the mixture into the oil and flatten it. Fry using low fire.
6. When the underside is brown, turn the pancake over and cook again till the other side is brown.
7. Remove and serve.