This is a back dated post. Made this on Sunday. Just felt like making it. Made this a couple of years back when I got my colleague in India (previous company) to buy a muruku maker. This little gadget is quite useful. It comes with a few attachments.
200 gm rice flour
1/4 tsp salt
350 ml boiling water (more or less)
grated fresh coconut (skin removed)
1. Steam rice flour for 5 mins.
2. Remove from steamer and add salt and boiling water and stir till it forms into a soft dough. Using a puttu mayam mould, put the dough into the mould.
3. Squeeze out the dough moving in a circular motion.
4. Steam the puttu mayam over high heat for about 10 mins.
5. When cooked, remove from heat and eat, served with sugar and grated coconut.